Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Changed Life

Friends, as we prepare to GO we want to share with you a story from one of the villages where we will be working.  This story comes to us from one of the workers on the field.  We are so excited to meet Mr. S and others and ask that you lift him up in the coming weeks.
    

"Mr. S, a frail, quiet, old man from Chilanga Village has been active in our gathering since September. As the gathering continued and the Truth was presented many times, one by one a group from Chilanga gave their lives over to Truth! One of these was Mr. S. As we continued studying the Book, I’d allow time for questions and most seemed to deal with witchcraft. Mr. S came up to me one day and said, “You know that people call me a witchdoctor, but I’m more of a traditional healer. I help people with asthma and other sicknesses.” I noticed that other people were discussing many things about Mr. S, yet he was still attending and growing in the Word. Recently, we held a leadership conference in which Mr. S attended. At one point he came up to me asking for advice. “I want to get rid of all those things from my old life, but I don’t know if I should.” The Father was clearly working in his heart to lead him to totally walk away from those things he did before. He was indeed the witchdoctor. During the leadership teaching, we gave our stories. Mr. S stood up and explained, "I have been a part of the work of the father of lies by tricking people. But now I know the truth. I have burned all of my items of witchcraft. I no longer want anyone to call me that. When someone comes to the village asking for the witchdoctor, tell them he is dead.” He then went on to describe how he would use magic to lie and deceive, even giving detailed descriptions and examples. Mr. S was not only the witchdoctor of Chilanga Village, but also the head of all witchdoctors in approximately a 200 km radius. He has promised to expose all the other witchdoctors and has since gone to four villages he deceived, telling them the truth and proclaiming that he is now a believer of the Truth. This is a changed life! Lift up Mr. S as he boldly stands against sorcery and witchcraft, and stands for Truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment